First, let me start by telling you that I am on day three of no animal protein in my body. The first time I did this, it lasted almost five long years. I think between the PETA videos I would watch and the books I was reading, I sorta FORCED myself to stay Vegan! The second time I tried to go back to a Vegan lifestyle was after Sasha was born. My head wasn’t in it. I was a new mom, just looking to sleep! This time- Oh you bet your pretty little face I am in this for the long haul! I am off to a great start. It’s definitely NOT easy, but wow! The recipes, the foods and the ENORMOUS amounts of veggies I have been consuming…. I have now earned back my title- FIT Green Goddess!
Since I was so successful the first time with not falling off the wagon so to say, I didn’t have any concerns as far as getting enough protein and calories.
Here are some things I have already noticed today- my third day.
- I’m not craving meat chicken fish or turkey. Not even a little.
- Normally my stomach is a mess from beans. The past three days, I’ve eaten so many chickpeas, black beans and hummus, and NO discomfort or bloating! I do take the best probiotic on the market, so maybe that is helping. Maybe the mixture of animal protein and beans were not a good mix in the past.
- I was regular before, and I know- TMI, but all these veggies!?!? WHOAH!
- Because I burn so many calories during my workouts, I do find even after I eat, I am hungry shortly thereafter. Having crunchy veggies as a snack along with my GG Fiber thins or a few Glo-bites and some tea curb my appetite.
- I am really enjoying the challenge of whipping up new recipes and creating beautiful meals!
- NOT ONE hot Flash in three days! NOT ONE!
I love sharing all of this with you. I love that I have a place (since 2006) where I can blog about REAL life things, my journey on this earth and everything from what I eat to finding God to being blessed for the third time and finally finding a love to last a lifetime (my husband).
Okay, thanks, for allowing me to get mushy for a second. Back to Food!
Day two meals below:
Prior to these last three days, eating an English Muffin was OUT OF THE QUESTION. I didn’t care if it was sprouted or not. Can I tell you? Um, this was sooo good. I mean, I was watching Sasha eat hers, and if she didn’t finish it, I would grab it and inhale it! I didn’t get to though! Little Stinker!
Yesterday was such a crappy yucky day, but amazing for Sasha! She had an awesome playdate! Wacky for me because…. Well, you can read it for yourself here. I could NOT wait to make this salad and just attack it like it was my last meal! It’s been so long that I had edamame, I forgot how yummy they were. Sasha helped herself and together we bit out every little soybean in those pods!
Can we talk about this bowl for a hot second? I am completely smitten by this GORGEOUS deep bowl from IKEA! YUP! Oh, and it was $7! No, I didn’t make a mistake, SEVEN DOLLARS! I wanted to order a huge salad bowl for serving and must have accidentally clicked on a smaller one. I guess it was meant to be! Ordered seven more! SCORE!
Knowing I would be starving with just this bowl of yumminess, I cut up an acorn squash and some garlic, preheat the oven to 425, tossed it in the oven and in 25 minutes, I had a delicious side for Mario and me to share!
I wish there were a scratch and sniff on your laptop, phone or computer… Oh, my heavens!