Bison Meatballs + Ravioli
- 1 lb. ground bison
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs or you can use two slices Ezekiel bread cut and whizzed up in the Vitamix
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- One 28-oz. carton San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pink Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and fry in batches until lightly browned on all sides.
Time to make the sauce. When all the meatballs are browned, remove from heat. In a bigger pan, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Cover the frying pan and lower the heat to medium. Simmer the sauce and meatballs for 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to directions and drain.
Serve the ravioli with sauce and meatballs and garnish with Parmesan.
Grilled Eggplant with mozzarella
Preheat Your Grill.
Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. I don’t like to place them directly on the grill. Brush each slice with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and grill for 20 to 25 minutes, until soft and golden brown. Once they are almost done, add the mozzarella to each slice of eggplant. Remove from once cheese is melted.