Runderful (adjective) Oh yes! That is how you feel the minute you finish your run!
Ahhh! Okay, so every once in a while I get motivated by other women, and 99.9% of the time, they aren’t in the fitness industry, they are not fitness models, heck, they are just regular mom’s who happen to be my clients…….. But allow me to correct that “JUST MOM” comment. The women I train are beautiful, elegant, feminine, incredible mothers who just happen to be fit and I happen to be lucky enough to train them and KEEP THEM FIT!
My client just finished her second half marathon a few weeks back and I must say how proud of her I am because she crushed this race TEN minutes faster than the race she did last year! I found myself going back to my blog posts about my first and second half-marathons and how much I trained and how incredible I felt during each of my runs. Reading these posts along with chatting with my client had my skin crawling..WHY? Because I want to run again! I can run, but I mean run, like faster and more frequent and yea maybe another half.
I remembered I had downloaded an app called RUN by Asics. I added it to my iPhone and opened it last week and decided to do 1/2 marathon goal running program. It’s free! They ask your age, female or male and what you’d like your finish time to be. I entered in my details and got my plan!
Basically, you run four times a week, with one longer run. To say I am starting from scratch is an understatement! Back in the day, my two-mile runs would be done in 14 minutes and I didn’t even break a sweat! Starting over can be very humbling to the ego, but since I could care less about feeding my ego, I’m cool with starting off a slower runner. I know what my body is capable of and I know that in the end, I will crush my old runs.
Sunday was my first run. Here is how it went down: first of all, my runs are on the treadmill (long story)
Sunday- May 7th, 2017
the run goal: 2 miles….Started at (Speed) 5.8. Every 30 seconds I would increase it .1. So it looked like this:
- 5.8 – 5.9 – 6.0 -6.1…. and repeated this the entire run. ***
After my run, I crushed my workout!
- Barbell shoulder press:
- 25 lb. /10
- 35 lb. /5
- 45 lb. /6
- 55 lb. /5
- 65 lb. /3
- drop set 55/ 4 – 45/4
- Low cable Row:40 lbs. /12- same for all three sets
- Crunches: x crunches- 10 reps all three sets
- Pull ups:4 sets / 5 reps
- Push ups- hands on kettlebells, toes on bench: 8 reps /6 reps /8 reps
- Side oblique: 8 reps /3 sets
- Seated Side Laterals: 10 lb. dbells / 10 reps
- Bicep curls: red band/ 50 reps
- Decline crunches: 10 reps /3 sets
- Prone Shoulder press: red band / 12 reps /
- Dips: no assist- 10 reps
- Plank with hip touch- 20 reps
- tricep press down- 50 reps yellow band
Monday- May 8th, 2017:
- I trained with Kyle. We hit deads, pull ups, abs, and some quads.
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
- Run Goal: 2 miles.
5.8 5.9 6.0 6.1… 30 seconds at each speed. (Repeat.) Then 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 (Repeat) Then 6.1 7.0 6.1 7.0 (Repeat)
- 1 arm dbell shoulder press: 20 lb / all three sets On sets 4 + 5, I used a 30 lb. dbell and did 3 reps each time.
- Blue band in/out bicep curl: 20 reps all three sets
- Tricep rope press down: 30 lb / 15 reps
- Decline crunch holding a 10 lb. plate / 15 reps
- Green band around ankle standing kickbacks: 10 reps / 3 sets
- dbell side laterals: 7.5 lb. /12 reps /3 sets
- Dbell bicep curl: 17.5 lb. / 10 reps /3 sets
- band press down: 60 reps
- band lateral walks: 20 reps /3 sets
- prone shoulder press: blue 10 /2 sets
- Dips: 10 reps /2 sets
- AB wheel: 10 reps /2 sets
- Y-handcuffs: 10 reps 2 sets
- 1 leg kettlbell deadlift: 25 lb. /10 reps
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Run Goal: 2 miles – Legs are so tired but my mind is NOT- Let’s CRUSH this run. I know I should NOT be increasing my speed, but I have to get through it and finish.
- 5.5 up to 6..0 1 minute each
- Walk 30 Seconds @ 3.6
- Run at 5.9 up to 6.2- 1 minute each
- Walk 1:30 @ 3.6
- Run 6.0 / Run 7.5 / walk 3.7 30 sec each repeat 3 times
- Run 5.8 / Run 8.0 / 3.4 / -30 sec x’s3
Time: 21:17 time 2 miles
Workout: AT this point, I should probably stretch and leave, but I plan on taking Thursday off, so let’s get this done, is all I am thinking!
Round One: 3 rounds
- Neutral grip pull up
- Back squats
- Push ups
Round Two: 3 rounds
- Dbell Sumo squat
- 1 arm dbell row
- Reverse cable fly
- 1 ft. elevated hip thrust
- High rope face pull
- Back extension
I have added some of the exercises so you can see them. If you can’t see the videos, click here:
I have two more runs this week…. Friday + Sunday! I will keep you posted!