Project Hot Body Plan Week One
Can’t believe I completed not only week one of the Project Hot Body Plan, but I also ran three times. Nothing crazy, I am running intervals right now. I believe my last substantial run was back in June. June feels like it was so long ago! The truth is, the last two programs I did were so intense I didn’t need cardio nor could I even think about doing it.
This plan offers five workouts per week. That works for me since I like to workout five to six days a week. Spacing my workouts with runs in between is what I prefer, but sometimes my schedule won’t allow it like this week. I had to double up my workout with a run. On this program, I find that it’s quicker, fewer sets and more cardio or conditioning.
Since I paid for these programs and because Ashley created them, I don’t have permission to share exact sets + reps. I will share my runs with you.
Day one started for me on Tuesday, October 2nd. I worked out first and then I did this run (on a treadmill) ALl the runs I will be posting will be on a treadmill.
- mini band glute bridge
- each way mini band side steps
- swiss ball leg curl
- TRX squat to row
- TRX pushups
- each way alternating dumbbell drag across
Cardio: On the plan, it’s the rower, but I did my run instead.
DAY 2: Wednesday, October 3rd. Thankfully I didn’t plan a run! Ha! I like a day between running even if it’s a HIIT run! Felt great to hit my chest and use some heavyweight! Being symmetrical is everything to me. I love lifting heavy for each body part.
- side lying external shoulder rotation per side
- glute bridge
- bench press- sets I used 65 lbs. and the next three sets I did 75 pounds.
- of floor core rotation
- per side single arm dumbbell chest press – I used a 20lb. dumbbell
- calories on a ski erg – I don’t have this machine at my gym, so I used a green resistance band and did supermans instead for 45 seconds
- air squats
- standing cable fly – 20 lbs.
- per side cable wood chop – 20 lbs.
- jump rope
Day Three: Thursday, October 4th- Today is a very special day! I am going to read a book to Sasha’s class for her birthday! They will be eating cupcakes together as I read Fancy Nancy!
prone snow angel
- hand plank alternating shoulder taps
- squat taps
meter (about 45 feet) crab walks- I did traveling pushups, because my wrists don’t like the crab!
- ring rows- I used a TRX, since I don’t have rings
- swiss ball pass- I love doing these.
- bent over barbell row-75lbs.
- swiss ball elbow plank in/outs- I hate these, but I did them.
- incline dumbbell chest press- used 15 lb. dumbbells since the reps were higher.
- hollow body rocks- Totally digging these ones!
- calories on the bike- I skipped these, I just don’t like the bike! Plus I ran today.
Strength/Core/Cardio: Kinda bummed I didn’t do this round, I had to get going since I was Sasha’s guest at school… But if you are following what I do, I urge you to do this round! It’s a good one!
- pushups off the bench
- butterfly situps
- calories on the bike
Day Four- Friday, October 5th. Sasha had a half day, So I had to get my workout done fast!
- Travel push up- I love these. The plan called for lateral bear crawls- I don’t like them.
- Jump squat taps on a thick plate- 20 reps- plan called for traveling squat taps, – didn’t do them, my gym was busy
- standing cable lat pullover- 20 lbs.
- jumping jacks- I did the jump rope instead… More effective for me.
- prone bench dumbbell posterior shoulder fly – I used 5 lb. dumbbells
- prone bench dumbbell Y’s -used 2.5 lb. dumbbells
- alternating dumbbell box step up-used 5 lb. dummbells, and trust me, 40 reps of this one and those 5’s feel like 50’s!!
- calories on the bike
- dumbbell thruster (moderate weight)
And here was my run!
Week One on the Project Hot Body Plan is complete. I have some thoughts about it.
I am not used to the shorter workouts. I got used to doing six to eight sets of exercises and doing an overall longer workout. There is way more conditioning on this program, and while I think I am very conditioned, there is a little too much for me. Remember, this plan is GREAT if you want to transform your body. I am not looking to transform my physique. I am already missing the heavyweights and how I felt when I was done. I am going to continue with week two. and see how it goes!