Gazing at the 3 very ripe bananas on my counter along with a bunch of just ripe bananas, I wanted to make something. I always want to make something! I have so many baking ingredients, I could bake for days! I love when I can create something I have in mind, open my cabinets, and presto! I have everything I need!
Sasha was napping so I figured, I would do this, get some laundry done and when she wakes up, she can enjoy a healthy muffin without Daddy giving me the evil eye!
You don’t have to use a blender, I just wasn’t in the mood to mash the bananas and then mix everything with a fork. I out everything in the Vitamix and set it on super low for about 10 seconds. Then I put it in a bowl and hand mixed the rest.
Aren’t these muffin liners so pretty? Guess who is ready for Spring!?!?! We have already hung the Easter Bunnies on the window! No joke- We are more than ready!
Your babies, your toddlers, your big kids, your husbands, and anyone else who eats your food will devour these, so make extra and hide them!
Paleo Protein Banana Muffins
- 3 bananas- ripe
- 1/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (Native Forest)
- 2 scoops whey protein- I use Nutra Bio
- 2 egg whites +1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 oz. crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T. Honey
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. With a fork, mash banana well
3. Stir together all wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients
5. Mix the two together
6. Pour into greased muffin tins
7. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these little yummy bites of heaven as much as we did!