This kid! She is going through and has been going through her struggle for power when it comes to eating. One day she loves something and the next time- HA! She won’t go near it! From what I have read, at her age, these kids want control over something- and the food she eats or doesn’t eat is it in our house! Actually that and what she wears! Sometimes, Mario and I wonder if she is really our daughter! She craves bagels, cream cheese, macaroons, french fries! All the things Mario and I never eat and don’t want her eating. I am better than Mario when it comes to balancing her diet though. If I have to make deals with her to eat the good stuff in exchange for some normal stuff, I will, and I don’t mind. The last thing I want is for her to have issues with food as she grows up. Eating disorders are NO JOKE, and coming from that place once in my life, I never wish it upon any girls or women!
Fruits, veggies, and protein are my concern for her now. From the time she was three and a half months old, I was focused more on healthy good fats for her brain development and health. Now that she is almost four, I want to make sure she gets enough antioxidants from her fruits and veggies and enough protein to help her grow strong.
Sasha’s Fruit choices: NO Bananas! Unless, I make her pancakes with them, or bake with them. As long as she doesn’t see them
- Watermelon + Honeydew melon + Cantaloupe
- Mangoes + papaya
Sasha”s Veggie Choices- Forget about spinach, broccoli, or peas. All of which she USED to eat, and now- NO WAY. I keep trying though.
- Yams (occasional)
- Carrots (depends on her mood
- Asparagus (sometimes yes, sometimes no
- Celery- when it’s cooked in soups
Sasha’s protein choices-
- Chicken- anyway I cook for her, but her fav is chicken Nuggies
- Salmon- NO LEMON though!
- Cod or lemon sole- But has to be fishy sticks
- Filet Mignon- Medium rare inside
- Ground turkey, but not turkey breast- I have to make her meatballs or a burger with it
- Ground buffalo- meatballs, or a cheeseburger
- Eggs- She will either have an omelet or a pancake or this one or this one
Speaking of Pancakes, here is one I made her this morning!
- 1 whole egg + 2 eggwhites
- 1 scoopVital Proteins Chocolate Whey
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. each almond butter + raw honey
I whiz everything up in the Vitamix except the honey + almond butter. Coat a frying pan with coconut oil cooking spray. I love making one big giant pancake. Cook for about 6 minutes. when its’ time to flip, I place a large plate on top of the pan and carefully flip it over onto the pan. With a spatula, I scoop off the mixture that is left on the plate and add it to the pan. Cook for 6 more minutes, and done! Drizzle on your honey + almond butter.